Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

Character Issues.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean Santiago
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. He always knew he was special, destined for great things - and probably made sure everyone else knew it too. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Dean. Maybe he's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like him and are trying to give him a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Dean is a good character. Give him room to be himself before you stifle him.
Vinny
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

Location: Most common places include in the Inn, Rings, his lab, or the Hotel Ritz penthouse where he resides.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinny is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Vinny, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Vinny is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.
Wolvinator
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

Location: 1407 Grayskull Lane, New Haven District, Rhy'Din City

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah... and to think I did answer completely honestly...

Wolvinator isn't a character: he's you, or you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. He always knew he was special, destined for great things - and probably made sure everyone else knew it too. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been pretty kind to him, always ready to intercede on his behalf and give him a nice easy victory.

You identify far too heavily with Wolvinator, and defend him from all sides, never realizing that in your quest to make him perfect you are alienating your readers. Back off and take a break. Try writing the story from the viewpoint of a different character, one you have less sympathy with... or writing a different story and coming back to this one.
Marc Franco
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting quiz.

Marc is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Marc, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Marc is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kyieri Valaire
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyieri is only a little like you. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. There's never been anything special about her that she could see; boy, is she in for a surprise. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Kyieri, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Kyieri is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
I Love Her, I Let Her Go 7
Yo! 12
Plain Jane 0
Healthy as a Horse 0
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 8
Total: 27

---

I have no idea what most of those scores mean, but I only just noticed them. >_>
Dora Lynch
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

Location: Lives in an Estate owned by Tara; stays in the RDI , at times.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is what I got back, about my character Dora Lynch:

"Dora Lynch is only a little like you. She is not at all cool; in fact, she thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when she says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," she means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." There's never been anything special about her that she could see; boy, is she in for a surprise. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Dora Lynch, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Dora Lynch is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her. "
CM
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is my results for Cadence:

Cadence is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Cadence. Maybe she's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like her and are trying to give her a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Cadence is a good character. Give her room to be herself before you stifle her.

My opinion: The only similarity I have with cadence is that I'm female, short, blonde, blue eyed and she holds the more childlike personality side of me, granted I exagerate that side in her.

I did the test with other characters I play, and even made up some, and it seemed that the more you know about the character, the more the test says you're stifling it and that you're too close to it. (is that like saying you play too much?)
I also found that two of my characters had basically the same answers with one big difference... one was female and the other male. I got totally different answers. the female one I'm too close to and stiffling it... and the other, the male, I kept a good distance and was a good character with a promising career.

I don't think I give much credit to the test's accuracy, although it does make you think about what you have discovered/made up about the character and how close you are to it. It was interesting.
Amber Cartwrite
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the fringes at parties? Well, at school she was voted most likely to be standing by the punch bowl, at the dance, seeing everyone got their refreshents. Here's what the test said about my character:

"Amber Cartwrite is nothing like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Amber Cartwrite, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Amber Cartwrite is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her. "

...all that and she is only 116 years old.
Rolling Eyes
Ehzoterik
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolcakes!

Ehzoterik isn't a character: she's you, or you as you'd like to be. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probably made sure everyone else knew it too. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you, her creator, have spoilt her rotten and given her everything she wanted.

You identify far too heavily with Ehzoterik, and defend her from all sides, never realizing that in your quest to make her perfect you are alienating your readers. Back off and take a break. Try writing the story from the viewpoint of a different character, one you have less sympathy with... or writing a different story and coming back to this one.

Yes. I knew this. XD This is why I always say that she is not a character to be taken seriously, and why I hardly ever play her.
"The point is you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." -- Ford Prefect. Life, the Universe, and Everything
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: