Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

Old Friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeNaga
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::super happy dance:: Yes, yes! I let Blood Red Rose own him for a little while. Is she still around AOL? The screen name InkubusXx was my first ffgf creation, so everyone always called him Ink, or Inky... ahh, goooood times. I wish I could remember all the names of the great people that I wrote with. I remember some character names - Damien P Scott, Talitha Lee, who through a google search actually led me to this forum. There was some lilty voiced drow that ran around with her, but the name escapes me, another character named Tristan. Then the myriad of others.

This opened a little flood gate of memories for me! Your name on here was one that looked familiar, but after so long, one can never be sure!

Thank you for remembering me and helping me remember a little more of where I came from!

Rob
Baker
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Shaw Denor player! I hope it's a good one!
StarrLeVitalae
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a bunch of old friends, most particularly a player by the name of Damion, I believe his screen name was DamionRage.

also looking for Mordead Lefay (M0DREAD i think the SN was) and the rest of the LeFay family.

and LordAndrews and WolfSpdr, and pretty much anyone else I lost.

I was Starr LeVitalae, same name I'm using here, but I think one of my other SNs was StarrFyreX.... and I had another character, NightRayne.

I know its a LONG shot, but I figure it can't hurt.

Wink
Tara Rynieyn
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarrLeVitalae wrote:

also looking for Mordead Lefay (M0DREAD i think the SN was) and the rest of the LeFay family.

IMORDREAD was the SN and the last time I saw him was in 1996 when he shaped the future of my character by asking her to do something. Had I had her say no, she would not be who she is today.

There is but one surviving member of the LeFay family (at least here on DM - I don't believe there are any on AOL but I could be wrong) and her name is Victoria Chylde.

Her grandmother was Essa LeFay, one of the first female slavers in Rhy'Din, who was a very close friend of my character's before the wars.

Viki doesn't play as often as she used to but she's around. My character is her first cousin based on a very old family tree that besides her and I, is no longer honored IC.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Smile

P.S. If anyone should find Mordread, I'd love to know because my character has a very old bone to pick with him.
Dora Lynch
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

Location: Lives in an Estate owned by Tara; stays in the RDI , at times.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zonker wrote:
Here here reagarding (The) Mermaid's Tale Tavern!

From the player of John Milton (as reimagined for historic fantasy), I can truly say that the end of the MTT was indeed "Paradise Lost".

Dora Lynch's player here. I must say that the MMT was Dora's finest moment. Thersino the Rent collecter was such fun to run. My fav to play there was Rebbeka. I really regret not letting her get into discussions with John Milton every time she saw him. Ada Winters was one of mine, along with Erin Jamez. Once I married two of my own characters to each other, a widowed Beka and Louis Marteau. I loved the research. The storm which swept this paradise away made me cry over my keyboad that evening and it still does.

If you all are out there, I shout out a Hello to Nomad, Aria, Jan Reikwal,
Aubrey Riggs (Beka's Dad) and so many more.

Thank you all for such a wonderful RP and writing experience. I still seek another paradise, hopeful for another wonder on online.
FioHelston
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarrLeVitalae wrote:

I was Starr LeVitalae, same name I'm using here, but I think one of my other SNs was StarrFyreX.... and I had another character, NightRayne.

Wink

Hey you!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FioHelston
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Am I doin' it right? Reply with quote

ZeNaga wrote:

I frequented AOL's FFGF and The Red Dragon Inn during the years 1995-1999. I was responsible for screen names like InkubusXx, CaelebDarkwind, TheChancellor, and a few others lost to the swiss cheese affect.

So, if we ever collaborated together or encountered each other, say hi!

Inky! I seem to recall he used to like to glom onto Fi's head like a hat?!? Or am I senile at last?

Either way, welcome! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tigs
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had so many different characters back on aol in 96-98, I think.

I was still a kid and I learned how to roleplay with the sn JRT4L1FE.

don't laugh, it's silly.

I had the SN's Tigs, Julia Snowcloude, Stephanie Snowcloude, Boxed Sanity, a gundam pilot storyline with a character named Abigail, but the SN fails me, Zaewyn Rhun... and so many others I can't think of right now. I think that was part of my problem, I had ADD with characters.

It's so nice being back into RPing, and the RDI here is almost just like the old days.. without some people competing to see who get the most posts for their entrance- not sure if anyone remembers that. And without RDI Hunter's head to sit on ;[ I think Tigs used to play with Guthorn, too.. but I can't be too sure.

I was actually wondering if anyone knew a RinehardtS back on AOL? I've been trying to find him for a long time, mostly because I want to see how his book he was writing ended up. If anyone remembers him, please let me know, thanks in advance!

If anyone else remembers me, I'd love to catch up! Glad to see so many of you still around [;
Gavilean
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dora Lynch wrote:
Once I married two of my own characters to each other, a widowed Beka and Louis Marteau. I loved the research. The storm which swept this paradise away made me cry over my keyboad that evening and it still does.

If you all are out there, I shout out a Hello to Nomad, Aria, Jan Reikwal,
Aubrey Riggs (Beka's Dad) and so many more.

Dora...you were Beka!?!? I LOVED Beka. Well, at least Gav or one of my characters did. ::smiles:: I even remember doing a picture or website with Beka. The memory is a bit fuzzy now. And the MTT was the best. I often brought my French Pirate, Philippe de Bouillon, into the MTT. It had the best rp there.

::walks away mumbling, "Dora was Beka? Wow...Dora was Beka."::
Caytlin Bennet
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the nostalgia playing in the inn the other night caused, it made me pop in here to mention some characters I miss seeing around.

William 'Shadow' BlackMoon. Gosh if it wasn't for that character Cayt would have probably been nothing more than a happy go lucky spaz. Instead she had angst and all those other things that led to a whole lot of character development. Anyone happen to know if the writer is still around?

Hornfel! The dwarf was awesome. The player and I didn't always get a long but to this day I can still imagine Hornfel drinking ale. And Cayt still has the daggers he made for her. =)

There are others but those were the two most on my mind.
Keith Buchanan
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In searching, and searching, and searching the web to try and find where the heck all the role-players had run off to (because it is a sad, sad state of affairs on AOL) just for the heck of it, I do a very specific keyword search and I find this!

Would love to hear from any old players from Thornhaven or Cavalyn that linger around here. As the SN suggests this is who I played, then skipped over to Shaddai Bloodlines after the Kingdom age wore out.

Nice to see a large world of RP still going on. I have been looking. Toss me a email Very Happy

TTFN
Zonker
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. I often brought my French Pirate, Philippe de Bouillon, into the MTT. It had the best rp there.
:

Quite right.

BTW: I usually played John Milton.
Philippe de Bouillon
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were John Milton. ::smiles:: I shouldn't be surprised. The best players/writers are always memorable, even years after.

I miss that place.
Dynastus
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Buchanan wrote:
In searching, and searching, and searching the web to try and find where the heck all the role-players had run off to (because it is a sad, sad state of affairs on AOL) just for the heck of it, I do a very specific keyword search and I find this!

Would love to hear from any old players from Thornhaven or Cavalyn that linger around here. As the SN suggests this is who I played, then skipped over to Shaddai Bloodlines after the Kingdom age wore out.

Nice to see a large world of RP still going on. I have been looking. Toss me a email Very Happy

TTFN

Well talk about a "long time/no see!" LOL WELCOME! I was browsing and came across your post... just the SN brought a smile and many happy memories! Smile

Cavalyn and Thornhaven... :sigh:
Grudnoon
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

A lot of names I recognize, most more by reputation than by having RPed with/near. I never was that much into the old RDI, to tell you the truth.

Most of my RPing with Robert Infinity (the only other character I'm going to "resurrect") was in MTT and Hotel Infinity. Grudnoon spent most of "his" time in Hotel Infinity and Red Star Station.

I, too, miss MTT, but to be honest I miss, much more, Hotel Infinity and RedStar. Sad

Anyway, happy new year, and I'll be seeing you around.

Or, as Grudnoon would put it, "Lee you sater!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: