Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

RDI "Chat Client"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panther
DM Admin
DM Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: RDI "Chat Client" Reply with quote

Ok, someone wrote a "chat client" that I've downloaded and configured for our RDI chat. And sorry folks, it is windows only.

You can grab it here...

Basically, download it, unzip it, putting the folder.. wherever you want.

Make a shortcut to, or just go and double-click on the "RDI Live RP" file.

Basically, this is a stripped down version of an IE browser, no address line, not buttons, no nothing but the chat.

Once you run the program, you'll see the familar mug of ale on your systray, the window opens and either logs you in or displays the login box. When running, you can right click the systray icon for the following options;

Show Live RP Window - you can use this if you've minimized the window to open it again.

User Configuration - you can enter in your SN and PW and you will be automatically logged in at start up. Leave it blank and you will be prompted to login at program start.

The Red Dragon Inn - Opens the RDI Home Page in your default browser.

Dragon's Mark - Opens the DM Home Page in your default browser.

Exit RDI Live RP - Closes the chat program. If you are logged in, it logs you out first.

The window opens initially at 800x600, but can be resized to your own tastes. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to remember it's last size.

Oh, I've also run this off my memory stick/thumb drive, so you can take the chat with you! Anywhere you can plug in your drive with net access, you can get to the RDI!

While it still uses your existing browser engine in windows, this does seem to use about half the system resources as if you were running it in your browser.

Anyways.... check it out, let me know what you think. You can run multiple instances of it to log in with multiple characters. Umm.. I think that's bout it. It's all pretty straight forward.

"Even the maggot can serve a purpose in the right circumstance... "
Panther - Overseer of the madhouse that is the Red Dragon Inn.
Tales of the Cat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: