Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

Since when...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selena Hale
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've never had a problem with anyone playing their characters in the RDI. The problems begin to spring up when those same characters enter the inn with "baggage" (ie ego) in tow.

I will play with your character if it catches my character's eye and she's in the "mood" to actually interact with them. Obviously, if you approach her with a "I'm the next best thing to sliced bread" attitude, she's most likely going to ignore you. However, if you, like a great many others demonstrate that you DON'T think you're above everyone else, are NOT trying to dominate the RP and aren't out to either pity/guilt/ego trip everyone else into RPing with you....

Selena's a bit of a mixed bag herself. Equally at home in medieval/fantasy settings as well as modern/futuristic. I guess that makes her a "child of the Nexus"..

Easygoing most of the time though she does have a temper when riled, feel free to approach her whenever she's in the inn whether you ride a horse, a magic carpet or the latest in intergalactic engineering. Just be forewarned.. she's a chocolatier by trade.. and if you insult her, she's liable to take her chocolates and go visit with someone else! Smile~
Kairee
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDI caters to all comers from any time and space. It's always been that way.

I've played Thane, a sci-fi character in the RDI even before I started managing the area.

As the popularity of the forum grew and more sci-fi oriented characters started arriving etc, I designed and built the Stars End area as a sci-fi specific setting just over the mountain from the RDI and Rhy'din towne. It is a planet side spaceport where the "spacers", as Kairee called them, could land their craft instead of parking their "Mechs" and ships outside the front door of the Inn. Also it gave the sci-fi oriented player the option of playing in a more techie zone than a magical place like the RDI.

However, cross play was always encouraged with the caveat "When in Rome...."

Sci Fi characters should react to magic even if they can't explain it via technical terms and fantasy character should be appropriately amazed by high tech.. even to the point of accepting it as "magic" or whatever.

Mixing the genres together should provide opportunity for creative story development and amusing juxtaposition ...if only people would get over their attitudes about who and what belongs where and how.

"With Great Power comes Great Boredom."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: