Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

Petition: Revival of Stars End

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I support the petition to add a Stars End area to the RDI forums.
True
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
False
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

TracerFox
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Petition: Revival of Stars End Reply with quote

Alright folks, I want to preface this with a few words of clarification.

Like some/many of you, I remember the old days of Rhydin on AOL, and I remember the setting that was the Stars End Spaceport. I miss that place.
This petition is an attempt to garner support for Stars End seeing official recognition on the RDI site. I am not at this time asking for a new chatroom, as this goes against some of the wishes of our gracious host, Panther.
What this petition is for is a show of support for adding a Stars End folder area to the main forums of RDI, as was added in the Marketplace and West End.

I have talked to many players here who seem to support the idea that having a central place to showcase storylines of a sci-fi and space theme, while still being connected to Rhydin, would only add to the enjoyment of the setting.
I am aware that Pharos Station is intended to provide such a place for sci-fi and space, but it's strick disconnection with Rhydin puts those of us who are *Rhydin* spacers at a severe disadvantage.

This argument aside, I will state again the intention of this petition:

1. The addition of a new folder area to the main menu of the RDI site forums, to be titled or themed for Stars End and Rhydin space.
2. The purpose of this new area will be stated to contain stories related or set in Stars End or the space surrounding/linked to the world of Rhydin.

If you agree with and support the above intentions, please reply to this thread with your name, and vote on the attached poll. It is my hope that we can show Panther and the other site admins that there is indeed a reason to have diversity within the RDI settings that include the more sci-fi/spacer theme.
Wolvinator
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

Location: 1407 Grayskull Lane, New Haven District, Rhy'Din City

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely support this idea, and I think it's great that Tracer Fox brought it up. I remember the old Stars End Spaceport, and I think it'd be a great addition to the forums, especially since the main Realm of Rhy'Din's setting is as follows:

Quote:
The moons share RhyDin's sky with Gateway Station, a large space station in permanent orbit around the world. Traffic between the Star's End Spaceport and Gateway Station handles the off-world commerce that has grown up around the planet due to its favorable location. The Spaceport is located outside the city, on the edge of Fool's Luck Bay.

It'd be great for the "Spacers" as some call them to have their own little nitch, and I think it has as much potential as Dockside has. Smile
Amaltea
DM Admin
DM Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We talked about doing something for SEB a while back, but then things got in the way and the project was put on hold. That doesn't mean that it won't be added, it's just that there's no deadline for it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: