Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

What does the RDI Look Like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Last Knight
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lydia Loran wrote:
The scaling is *all wrong* and whatnot, and while this isn't perfect, it's just something I slapped together in a few minutes. It's how *I* see the inn, basic layout at least.

Which would work well, except for the lack of a hearth.
Lydia Loran
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I had forgotten about that. Hm. I guess in my mind it's between back alley door and booths? Just... scaled better.. and there's more couches and furniture.
Last Knight
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lydia Loran wrote:
Haha, I had forgotten about that. Hm. I guess in my mind it's between back alley door and booths? Just... scaled better.. and there's more couches and furniture.

That could work, maybe if the back-alley door was closer to the stairs - even beneath them - and you eliminated one of the booths? Then you could place the hearth in the middle of the wall, close to where the back door is now, and surround it with couches and armchairs.

Though I suppose there should be more tables, as well - the place gets quite crowded, sometimes.

(edit) Aaaaand only now do I realize that I'm resurrecting a conversation from 9 months ago. >_< Sorry...
Natolii
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that.

The scaling would need to be improved a bit. I'll have to get my programs fixed and get a few images up an running.
A shotgun rings; the wind is calling my name
Fields of gold beneath a blood red sky
~ Mercenary Man, Firewind
Last Knight
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I look forward to the results. Smile
Natolii
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much fixed as reinstalling content...

Had to crash my computer yesterday.
A shotgun rings; the wind is calling my name
Fields of gold beneath a blood red sky
~ Mercenary Man, Firewind
Last Knight
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NatoliiSoul wrote:
Not so much fixed as reinstalling content...

Had to crash my computer yesterday.

Oush... I hate when that happens. >_< Hope everything comes together just fine.
Artemus Kurgen
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read through many of the comments and there's something you all forgot to or purposefully did not comment on. The fact that the RDI changes shape to accommodate various patrons. The ceiling grows and widens should a dragon take its true form or a giant walks in, the roof will go up so he doesn't hit his head.

I know there are various ideas on how big these two examples are, but generally I put a giant at being a football field and a half long when it lays down. Generally I have seen the Inn as more rectangular. 50 yards wide, 100 yards deep. Most of the floor space open only broken by support beams for the ceiling and rafters. For the level of occupancy and type of patranage it gets, the Inn CANNOT be a small establishment. That and as Tass suggested, there has probably been remodeling over the years for efficiency.

I lack the graphing know-how to whip up a picture, but generally I've seen the RDI like this:

As you walk in the front door the coat closet is off to the left, then the window to the front porch. Just after that are the stairs to the second floor, which has rooms going around the interior walls of the commons. Below the walkways to the rooms on the second level are the booths. The seats built into part of the supports that hold up the walkways.

The bar runs along the back wall with a door behind one of the breaks for service workers to go back and forth between the kitchen. The bar area I've also seen as raised up a bit more so the tenders on duty can see everyone clearly and have a better view of who comes in the door and leaves.

Couches and the hearth are along the right wall with the chairs and tables for them. In the middle are all the round tables most of the patrons use. The door to the Back Alley I can see along this wall as it is close to the bar-break to the kitchens for them to take out trash and what not.

Just my own little vission, not sure what the rest of you see.

High and long through the middle, with the rooms built onto the interior wall of the commons. Kind of like the old salloons you'd see in the wester movies, that railing along the upper level where it's just rooms.
Brice Thornguard
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What does the RDI Look Like? Reply with quote

Panther wrote:
Using my CAD software, this is what I came up with...

Nice to see another CAD user like myself. Here's my drawings of 'The Sixth Dragon Inn'. The place we created and hung out in back in the AOL days.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lydia Loran
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grins* I really like those. Especially the first.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: