Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

Rhy'din Race - OOC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Starblade
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Rhy'din Race - OOC Reply with quote

Hi there! This is a first attempt at doing something like this…so please be nice. I thought it would be fun to involve any willing participants in a race that uses various places throughout the site. That being said, the rules are simple – I am a firm believer in KISS – Keep It Simple Stupid.

Each team cannot have more than 4 people. Teams will pick 1 point person who will PM me their email address (or you can put it in the team sign-up post). I will email the clues to each team via this point person, and the team will email me their response. (I'd rather email b/c trying to respond to so many PMs is difficult and I can also respond to email quicker) This way, I can keep track of who gets the clues solved first, second, third, etc. in order to keep a running tab of which team is in the lead.

The first clue goes out August 5th[\b]. Once you email me your response, I will email you if you are correct or not. I will email the first 3 teams to solve the clue their rank (1st, 2nd…), so it can be used in the posts.

There will be 3-4 days between clues to allow the teams to post about their team racing through Rhy’din and checking in at the checkpoint. Then we will have a live-RP night with the teams all there to get the 2nd clue, and so forth.

The schedule looks as such:
August 5th- first clue is emailed, I check responses and tell the teams who got in 1st, etc. Once you receive a response from me, you can post.

August 9th Live RP – at the checkpoint (I can’t give these away yet!) and 2nd clue is read for teams to begin
3 days to write up posts

August 12th Live RP – at checkpoint and give 3rd clue
3 days to write up posts

August 15th Live RP- at checkpoint and give final clue
4 days to write up posts (since this will be the final "crossing the finish line" post)

August 19th Live RP – at final checkpoint and winning team is announced!

If you cannot make any night, it’s okay to have a representative of the team in case everyone cannot make it. I’d love to have this on the boards as well as live RP, hence the time in between. So, that’s it. One night of live RP with the clue being given, and 3 days to write up a post in the SL.

[b]Sign ups are open until Monday July 30 at Noon EST

Any questions? Feel free to ask! Hope to see you participating!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Inn Open Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: